2022年5月6日金曜日

Will we have to line up after COVID-19?

 ■ Will we have to line up after COVID-19?


WIRED has published an article titled, "In the age of coexisting with viruses, 'lining up' will be part of our new everyday life". 

We are required to keep social distance, and in stores and offices, queues due to a limited number of people being allowed to enter are becoming the norm. These queues are said to be the new normal.

Please try your best to do it.


I've lined up a lot in my life so far.

Commuter trains, buses, ticket machines, amusement park entrances, famous ramen shops.

It wasn't that I lined up because I wanted to, but I had no choice so I did.

Lining up more because of COVID-19? It's not a joke.

Stay away. Keep your distance.  I expect those are the teachings of COVID-19.

Well, that means you can't line up, right?

Even if we keep somewhat at a distance, it would still be dangerous to line up.

Plan the surroundings so that you can do things without ever having to line up.

Better yet, just forbid me to line up. 

Tickets are on our smartphones, as are meal tickets. We can also place shop orders on smartphones. The trains are staggered.

Please do your best to make the shift to digital (technology) so that you can get things done without having to line up.

I say this because I'm an old man. 


Japan is an ageing society more than any other place, and using COVID-19 as bait to make us line up is a world conspiracy, trying to take away our strength by taking advantage of our weaknesses.  

Even if that's not the case, COVID-19 has exposed Japan's defeat. 

Our competitive strength has fallen from being 1st to 34th in 30 years.

The IT response with remote working, distance education, telemedicine, and e-government, is equal to that of developing countries. 

After the bubble, we just kept on losing. 

It's a failing of everyone in the older generation above me from 30 years ago when I was 30 years old. 


So what will you do after COVID-19?

A hybrid of being online/offline, and the new normal.

Fashionable words are flying around.

However, we have not been able to do structural reforms for a long time. We have not been able to deregulate for a long time. We have not been able to have an IT revolution for a long time.

A long 30 years of not being able to do anything.

I don't feel like we can do anything new.

At least it won't be possible for 30-year losers. We will die screaming the reasons why we can't do anything. 

All we can do is get out of the way.

I'll leave it to you young people.


One other thing I should do is silence the older generation above me.

Shut up, old man.

Shut up, old man movements.

I think I'll lash out at the older generation who scream the reasons why they can't do anything, and why they can't change.

I just realized. 

Is the strategy to make us line up after COVID-19, that kind of thing?

Is it that the generation that has been lining up so much in their lives already, should continue to line up outside for the rest of their lives?

Standing whilst in danger.

If so, I understand.

By the way, it seems that the people lining up for masks and toilet paper during COVID-19 were in their 50s and 60s, and not the younger generation. 

That's the difference between people who have limited access to information with just TV and no internet, and those who have strong internet literacy and access to better information.

You all got the right information, but kept silent and made the seniors all line up.

Well, I guess that's fine.


0 コメント:

コメントを投稿