2026年9月6日日曜日

iU President Gachon:Mrs. Toko Shirakawa

■iU President Gachon:Mrs. Toko Shirakawa

Behind the marriage-hunting and fertility- focused trends . A journalist and professor at a women's university.

Actually, she's a long-time friend of mine.

https://bit.ly/3vvFFrB


◆What about Japan?

Japan is a country that is slow to change. It ranks 120th in the Gender Gap Index.

There are good points too. It's a content-producing country. A country with a declining birthrate can become a major producer of moe content. Good content can be produced. However, even that is being taken over by China and South Korea.

Working conditions are also a contributing factor. For example, in South Korean productions, interval regulations are in place to prevent workers from becoming too exhausted. In Japan, however, long working hours, power harassment, and low wages persist. When the workplace becomes exhausted, young people leave. Japan is lagging behind in creating an environment where working conditions are improved and good content can be produced.


◆When I was a student

I was just playing around. I wish I had studied more.

Fragments of what you learned in university can prove useful later on. Assignments make you want to learn more. However, there are many things you don't realize during your student years.


◆Learning and Retraining

My university days weren't a one-time thing. I earned my MBA last year.

I realized the importance of learning systematically as an academic discipline. For example, work style reform is a management strategy, so I listen carefully to what business leaders have to say. They share a lot of information based on their experience, and the more I listen, the more I want to learn.

The best environment is one where you have both people with practical experience and academic expertise. It's beneficial for students to learn while working on projects with adults in society, as this allows them to gain such insights quickly.


◆A message for you

Life doesn't always go as planned; many unexpected things happen. We live in unpredictable times. It's best not to believe someone's words like, "If you go this way, this is what will happen."

We can offer the best advice we can based on what we know at this point. Unpredictable things like pandemics happen. Don't plan too rigidly so you don't panic when that happens. You'll panic when things don't go according to plan. It's good to have a plan in place so you can start from where you left off if something happens.

When a good wave of chance comes along, ride it. Look forward.

Read some science fiction. If you read SF, you'll realize that you've seen something like this pandemic before. Knowing about different worlds is key to staying calm.


★Postscript

I met Momoko nearly 20 years ago. She was the same age as me, a refined lady working for a trading company, then became an otaku journalist, and achieved great success by launching a "marriage-seeking" campaign. I accompanied her to events like Japan Expo in Paris, and she taught me a lot. She also provides invaluable support as a visiting professor at iU .




0 コメント:

コメントを投稿