2014年12月17日水曜日

What is multi-screen living?

 A talk show on “social media and multi-screen”. I was asked what exactly is multi-screen by moderator Dr. Nakamura. That is when I began to realize that different people have different notions of multi-screen. 

 As I am a basic nomad, I move around my house and three offices when working. There are televisions and PC in each location. They exist as multi-screens. However, I only use one screen each time. I am empty-handed during movement. 

 On the other hand, when my son is connecting the Internet to the television, he opens his PC notebook in front of the TV screen, while also tinkering around with his smartphone. In other words, he is using three screens at the same time. My colleague carries around his PC, smartphone, tablet and traditional cell phone while walking around. There are even people using multi-screen in the train. 

 The moderator introduced the business of various devices. For example, continuing the drama you watched on TV at home in the train using a smartphone. Television CM can also be played on the PC in the office or on the digital signage at the corner of the street. It is a single content with multi-screen. This type of multi-screen refers to the case when there are multi devices, but only one screen is used at each time. 

 But I am finding a different kind of multi-screen, as in the case where my son is utilizing three different screens simultaneously. It is a composition encircling a single user with TV content, PC information and smartphone social service merged together. It is a service to deliver multi-content through multi-screen and multi-channel telecommunications and broadcasting.

 Although till now television stations have been delivering programs by broadcasting waves, Internet companies have been delivering websites using broadband network, and communication companies have been delivering mobile content using mobile net, it is not possible for a single user to take hold of everything. The multi-device + channel + content must all be designed in total. 

 Too much is being relied on the user. I bought salad, fried dumplings and pasta from the convenience store and am eating all three at the same time. But this is because it is possible for me to pinpoint exactly my desires as to “what I really want to eat”, the power to edit my thoughts and having the convenience store to make all these possible. 
But what I really want in a cafeteria is for the items which I want to eat at the same time to be packed into a fixed set. I do not feel that editing three disparate screens by myself would be enjoyable and hope that someone would configure them into a single package. 

0 コメント:

コメントを投稿